For members of the secties Mededingingsrecht and Vennootschapsrecht, Helen Gornall, advocaat-counsel at De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek N.V., will present a session on merger control. Ms Gornall has considerable experience advising clients in all areas of competition law including multi-jurisdictional and complex merger control. She has advised on a number of phase II and conditional mergers both at EU and national level.
The session will be held in English but participation from attendees is very welcome in Dutch.
The session will cover all major aspects of merger control analysis and process, including:
- Impact of deal structure: acquisitions, JVs and minority shareholdings
- Multi-jurisdictional review: getting it right and finding consensus
- Process: information exchange, clean teams, gun-jumping, internal & transactional documents, timing and managing expectations
- Substantive analysis: getting it right and mitigating risk factors
- Dealing with regulators: recent developments
- Intervention as an interested third party
09.00 – 09.30 / Arrival and Breakfast
09.30 – 11.30 / Presentation
11.30 – 11.45 / Closure
Location: De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek, Claude Debussylaan 80 – Amsterdam. For those arriving by car, you can park at Q-Park Mahler (entrance Benjamin Brittenstraat).